1403 N. Main Street Meridian, Idaho 83642 | (208) 884-8562 | email@example.com
Can I use a camcorder as part of my CCTV System?
Not Really. Camcordsers are not designed for security and thus will not be as good as a CCTV camera
Here are the main reasons:
1) Camcorders have no water mark (Images wont hold up in court), if you get a good image but it cant be used as evidence.
2) file size is way to large if you want to record more then a day you need different equipment.
3) camcorders have lower frame rate. CCTv cameras offer 30FPS (the eye sees 22FPS)
4) no search features make it hard to find the video you need
5) camcorder does not have motion detection, it records all the time even when there is no movement.
6) cant view your cameras over the internet,
7) limited to 1ch and one field of view
8) camcorder can be stolen and if does get stolen that is where the video is recorded instead of a DVR/VCR,
9) a good CCTV camera has IR LED's integrated which can see in the dark with no visible light
10) Camcorders are not designed for security situations
If you are looking for a good DVR and camera system (DVR records the images that are captured via the camera) Call us at Integrated Security Resources today.
What is included in a CCTV System?
A CCTV camera system typically is made up of a video camera(s), camera lens, a monitor and even TV monitors and cords/cables (for your wired models). Many other CCTV systems also employ some kind of video recorders in order to capture the video clip shot via the video camera.
What is an addressable fire alarm system?
A system that will tell you exactly where trouble or alarm is coming from. For example, instead of saying it is coming from zone 1, it will say "Room 202, smoke detector #3300BC". It is a computer programmable system, usually running on phone line, controlled from a central location, in a building.